- Using home
automation to monitor, control, and minimise energy consumption
will be common.
- Using mobile smart phones, iPhones, wireless Android Internet tablets, or iPads as home automation user interfaces
will be pervasive - though home automation wall switches and touch
screens will continue to have their place.
- Your home automation devices will increasingly support TCP/IP Internet
connection, for home automation integration, local and remote user access via smart phones
Internet tablets and PCs, and for off-site programming by your Systems
- Your home surveillance will use high quality IP cameras that are
Engineered for long reliable operation, and support home automation integration, distributed
in-camera recording, and professional security standards - in contrast to the lower quality
consumer IP cameras that many home owners currently use and need to replace reqularly.
- Home automation will become standard equipment in new or renovated
homes. Non-personalised low-cost home automation will be provided with standard home designs
at the entry level, and customised home automation solutions for more discerning home owners.
- Home owners will become familiar with the full range of "home
automation" options available: From the basic home
automation provided by your local electrician, to complete home automation systems
properly designed and programmed by your qualified
home automation specialist.
- The capabilities of your home automation systems integrator will be recognised as being
as important as the quality of your home automation component in your home automation project.
Home owners don't hire a carpenter to design their home rather than a qualified Building Designer
or an Architect, and similarly they will come to realise that they should not hire an
electrician rather than a
qualified home automation
Engineer to design and program their home automation.
- An increasing number of DIY and relatively self-contained home automation gadgets will become
available making it easier to implement some isolated aspects of home automation in your home -
but implementing a complete home automation system in your home will continue to be done best
by an experienced and qualified home automation systems integrator.
- Home automation Media articles will focus less on superficial gadgets and features, and
more on how-to guides helping home owners obtain quality home